View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Darcy Regier has been the GM of the Rochester Americans for 1 complete season. They finished second in their division, and lost to a vastly superior Marlies team that made it to the Calder Cup finals.

How terrible.
Regier has been the GM of the Amerks for many season dating back to 1997. Is it any coincidence that the Amerks last won the Calder Cup in 1996?

But his tenure is hard to judge since the late 90's and early 2000's Donner was still signing his own players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think we have to ask ourselves how much authority Devine has when it comes to the Amerks. Regier has referred to him on several occasions as his Assistant GM and has gone well past suggesting that it is Devine, not Regier, that is running the Amerks. Could Darcy trump Devine and go out and sign a player? I'm sure. But do we know that Devine has asked for that, or that Devine hasn't suggested they just have to ride out the injuries? We don't.
Agreed here. Devine could be just as much of a problem. I think a solution could be putting Jody Gage back in charge.