View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToddy View Post
And by hostile intentions you mean proposing to play the season while they negotiated a new CBA??

You're not bringing any facts to this argument
Why would the owners play the season with a 43:57 revenue split in favor with the players when that is exactly what they are trying to reverse? The owners would have absolutely 0 leverage in this case, and the players 0 incentive to negotiate an equitable agreement. In fact, as it got closer to the playoffs, the players leverage would increase because of the Fehr of them striking!

The players refusing to negotiate until the start of the season, despite overatures from Bettman to get the process rolling early in the summer, could be viewed as having a hostile intent.

I am sick of the players arguement that they are giving too much back, and the owners are giving up nothing. Sorry boys, just because the owners overpaid you for the last 20 years doesn't mean you have the God given right to a slow, painless reduction in wages. I would love to see Bettman get his 57:43 split in favor of the owners; perhaps then profitable franchises would mean the fans pay less (i seriously doubt it, but we can dream).