View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
I may be alone in this, but I'd give Lindholm an opportunity to earn a spot. Frankly, I just think he's been too good at the AHL level to not give him that opportunity. We'd see some growing pains, but not only has his D game been outstanding(save for the occasional one-on-one play), but his breakout ability has really been impressive too, and the more he plays the more confident he gets, and the more he's been involved offensively. I really don't think it would be very long before he's challenging for a top 4 spot.

Obviously, the safe move is to keep him in the AHL, or send him back to Sweden, but if he can earn a spot into the NHL, we can move one of the other defensemen, saving us salary which could be better used somewhere else. Lindholm is a player with a long-term future on this team, and I just don't think holding him back for an older player we're only going to have for a season or two is the right decision. Not if he shows he has what it takes to hold down a spot.

The big question, in my opinion, is whether he'd even have the chance to earn a spot in a shortened season. If the NHL starts up in January, we're obviously not getting a full training camp and pre-season, and that's the type of thing that would hurt a player like Lindholm, who won't have the same opportunity to step in and adjust to the game.