View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Quit the risk their life bull ****. When was the last time a player died playing?
Bull ****? Players have almost died on a few occassions, and many risk their quality of life every game, look at Savard and Pronger. I'm sure they would trade quite a bit of their money to have a healthy life style again. Not to mention the toll some of the hits take on your body as you age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I do not understand the defense for unlimited length contracts except from a superstar player, an agent, or a big spending club that wants to win at all costs. I love them for Hawks but I've yet to see how they're good for the league overall moving forward. As an NHL fan, I've yet to see a good argument why they should stay for the good of all parties in the NHL.
Tell me how they are bad? Players will sign where the money is, having a shorter term contract still wont help the Coyotes fork out 8+mil on a player. As a matter of fact, the game has grown exponentially and there has been FAR more parity even with these contracts. High priced players will always get their money, and having long term deals probably helps parity more than it hurts it since teams can fill out their rosters with having the smaller cap hit that comes with long term deals.