Old
12-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Well, I know I wouldn't

Honestly, it looks like both Lou and Pete love their tough guys. There's always going to be one.
And I think they're both knowledgeable of the fact that Cam Janssen is bad at hockey.
Both Boulton and Barch were/are signed for the intention of having a guy who can drop the gloves AND play a bit of nhl-level hockey at the same time.
No one could have expected just how bad Boulton would play this season.

I think Cam's contract might have been nothing more than a pat on the head for the guy and Barch will be the go-to guy for some of the Rangers/Flyers sideshows.
I hope that's the case. I don't think Pete really loves them as much as people think. When Zajac, and Josefson were both healthy last year which was just for the last two weeks of the season, he stopped playing them. They played a few games, but only when someone sat. Clarkson sat a couple times, and the game after sausage nose broke Josefson's wrist. I think Pete just preferred them to Zharkov. Seems he didn't like Zharkov the way Jacques did. I just think we didn't really have options other than to play Boulton, and Janssen nightly when Zajac, and or Josefson were out.