View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
The players may never recoup that money (that is debatable) but they also never had to play the games.
OK, explain this to me in simple terms so I can understand it. Overly simplistic, but let's say we play a half season and there's a 50/50 revenue split. So, in order for the players to recoup the money they're losing by not playing, the league will have to generate as much revenue in a half season (one which lots of folks predict will lose revenue due to fan backlash) than it would have in a full season. No? Is that feasibly able to happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
They probably started work on the writing of the CBA, this is why lawyers on both sides are there. You don't just write the CBA when all points are agreed upon.
I'm willing to bet that the CBA itself is already drafted. The lawyers would be there to make agreed upon revisions and verify that those revisions are accurate. The guts of the thing is already hammered out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Man is it selfish of me to just want to finally see our first Stanley cup champions banner raised?
Not at all. We had to wait for the entire lockout year to get ours - no fun.

Quote:
Apply it to your own life. If the choice was work 6 months for 50k or sit on the couch for 30k, which do you chose?
Depends on if I'm accustomed to a $50K lifestyle and felt I was unable to sustain that lifestyle on $30K. It would also be a lot different for a regular shmoe like most of us since, say, there would still be jobs in the accounting field when I decided to return to work, but athletes can have their careers expire while they're sitting on that couch.

Quote:
300m for doing no work > 500m for playing 34 games no matter how you slice it.
Totally disagree. See above.