View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 06:51 PM
JR303

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Perhaps because Toronto, NYR and Montreal et al. don't share their revenues over say $100 MM.

The real answer is that everyone is in it to make as much money as possible and to keep it for themselves. The teams aren't sharing money because of altruism or to make the game better, but as a giveback on the savings they reap from a cap system. I also see nothing wrong with trying to hang on to the money you earn fairly. The current quibble though is the acceptance that some teams simply don't get to keep enough of their own revenues, so who gets to give back some of it to them when there are two choices: the other teams or the players (or both).
I agree with that. I actually think that it should be a shared responsibility of the league and the players at this point.

While, I was just being a bit of a smart-ass, the reality is that 30 more or less healthy teams makes for a very, very strong league and very profitable livelihood for the players. I get that everyone wants to make as much as possible, but I think a healthy league affords players, and staff, the ability to enjoy as safe and comfortable a career as possible. Doctors, travel, etc... they all are part of the process and I think they get either taken for granted or overlooked fairly regularly.

The time has passed for pissing on your spot, at this juncture, it's best to do what will make the entire league (owners/players/staff) a healthier, more effective league and get back to work. In my opinion, anyway.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote