View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I've read some very clear comments by Larionov who is Loktionov's agent. He wasn't exactly pleased with how LA utilizes Loktionov's talent. His entry-level contract is running out and Larionov said that they will be looking for options incl. the KHL if nothing changes in LA's attitude towards Loktionov. He also clearly stated that Loktionov doesn't need the AHL anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Loktionov's biggest problem is the physicality. He is nuts for going back to the AHL. He has already had reconstructive surgery on both shoulders! Usually guys who get nagging shoulder injuries retire early. I know a few guys who had to stop playing because everytime they get hit hard it dislocates again.... The kings play a chip and chase style, maybe if he played with the Red Wings he would last, but I just cant see him lasting long in LA's system. Moving to the KHL would prolong his career.
Yup. Loktionov needs a place where he can play in a scoring role. He is very close to as good as Alex Burmistrov, but Burmistrov has been given scoring opportunities and the chance to play with big Nik Antropov who helps by clearing alot of room on the ice with his size.

Unfortunately (for Loki) the Kings play a very aggressive grinding style and have crazy depth down the middle, so his future does not lie there (but why I hope that Prokhorkin comes back to LA when his KHL contract ends, he will fit perfectly in LA).

I know you guys would love to have him back in Russia (he is a great talent) but I hope that the Kings deal when the lockout ends so he gets his chance to prove himself in the NHL. He can be a very solid 2nd line C for a lot of teams in the NHL, just needs a chance, definitely nothing left to prove at the AHL level. If not, he will have a long and successful career in the KHL, that's for sure.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 12-11-2012 at 07:55 PM.