View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydChristmas View Post
Granderson? Are you kidding? He hit 43 bombs last year and scored over 100 runs. The year before that, he hit 41 and led the league with 136 runs. Teixeira's only 32. He mashes at Yankee stadium. he missed 40 games last year and still hit 24 home runs. Then they've got Gardiner who could lead the league in SBs. 2 years ago was worth 7.0 WAR (6.2 by fangraphs). Cano is in the discussion for best hitter in baseball right now. Jeter isn't what he used to be, yeah. But the guy led the AL in hits last year. He's not done. Anyone who thinks the Yankees aren't going to be a force next year are kidding themselves. As much as I'd like to believe that they're toast, they've still got gas in the tank.
Granderson also struck out a whopping 195 times last year. Mashing in yankee stadium is a joke. Lind could easily get back to his silver slugger days if he were a yankee. I agree about Tex though. I don't think he's on the decline and is a solid defensive 1B. Cano even the post you replied was credited as a threat. Gardiner agreed as well. If healthy this year has a lot of wheels and can get himself on base. Ichiro and Jeter are declining. Their bats may still be active (Ichiro hit better when he got to NY) but their d has taken a decline. Range is a factor for them. ARod is starting the year injured and is always hit or miss. Who knows with that guy. Their pitching is also old and on the decline. How many games will they get out of Petite this year? Can Kuroda repeat what he did last year? How will Rivera respond to not pitching for a year? They lost some key guys and haven't replaced them with much in the way of value. The yanks will be good but I highly doubt they'll be great unless they do something no one sees coming in the off season.