View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Granderson also struck out a whopping 195 times last year. Mashing in yankee stadium is a joke. Lind could easily get back to his silver slugger days if he were a yankee. I agree about Tex though. I don't think he's on the decline and is a solid defensive 1B. Cano even the post you replied was credited as a threat. Gardiner agreed as well. If healthy this year has a lot of wheels and can get himself on base. Ichiro and Jeter are declining. Their bats may still be active (Ichiro hit better when he got to NY) but their d has taken a decline. Range is a factor for them. ARod is starting the year injured and is always hit or miss. Who knows with that guy. Their pitching is also old and on the decline. How many games will they get out of Petite this year? Can Kuroda repeat what he did last year? How will Rivera respond to not pitching for a year? They lost some key guys and haven't replaced them with much in the way of value. The yanks will be good but I highly doubt they'll be great unless they do something no one sees coming in the off season.

While they do benefit from playing in a bandbox it's important to point out that Yankees had the highest road SLG% in baseball last season.

They can hit anywhere. Well except postseason but yeah.