View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
playing them above their means hinders development I think. I think there truly is a 'minutes to production' factor in development.

for example:

If you play Shinkaruk on the first line, he may not do very well at all even in games you play. and you finish with like 40 points in 82 games.

I think the jump comes when the production of points is passed a certain expecation of number of minutes played. Thats why huge jumps come from 2nd and 3rd line players who do really well compared to first line players who kinda just play under a point a game. McGinn is an 84 for me after netting 50 points as a 3rd line/2nd line player). He started as a 77.

So the best would probably give them 3rd or 4th Line minutes (if its a forward) or bottom 6 minutes for a dman OR just keep them in the minors all together.
Kyle Quincy won the Norris and actually declined, right?

Production isn't a factor. C. Summers will jump even if he sits on the bench the entire year. I believe Nquist made his 6 point jump while putting up only modest numbers.

Its about age and potential rating.

(P.S., I really wish the system worked the way you explained. Perhaps you'd like to throw that in an EA suggestion box, because that's basically how it should work... )

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote