View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Jet
Big Ben

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Interesting theory on why Fehr may be doing this - basically saying that he wants to get rid of the trigger happy "lock 'em out" mentality on the owners side. Given that the players have to give up some freedom in each of these negotiations, I'm assuming that the want here is to ensure there's great thought given to a locking out the players, as they WON'T give in in future, and the owners can be assured that there will damage done to the NHL rep.

I could see it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I could see this as being the end game from Fehr and the player's standpoint.
This could be the case but really, the ends do not justify the means.

It's not like the owners are asking for the players to take 33% of HRR or give back guaranteed contracts. Grow the game, the HRR and players profit. Owners also profit which means more money, healthy league, more marketing, more teams and MORE JOBS and $$$ for the players.

It really isn't rocket science. The players are so paranoid about getting screwed they've totally forgotten that when the owners do well, they do well.