View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You are one of myfavorite posters so don't take it personally. And it was a general statement in regards to people posting not directed at you specifically. I just don't feel there is much, if anything, to be optimistic about. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm tired of feeling like the lady who knows her boyfriend would never hit her again.
I am having a harder time showing my fun/sarcastic joking around side on the boards lately. I was kidding around and hope that I didn't come off as being serious. Just joking around with ya so sorry if it didn't come across that way. I am getting old and forgetful.

Anyways, I have been living in a s phsyco circus of ups and downs over this lock out and for the first time after last weeks meetings I became very pessimistic over the whole thing and was fed up with everything I had heard and everyone I had talked to around the game.

I sent off a few emails and even posted around how I had lost faith and have been shown that I was wrong and I honestly believe that we are just a couple of days away from hearing that the league will resume after the holidays.

I will say this, I was told that there was a deal mostly in place with DD all of the previous summer and let a few people know about only to have it not turn out that way. My source? I don't mind saying was Tim Lieweekly himself for starters. I was at a dinner that he was at and I asked him point blank about it and he said that it was in the bag and that the two sides were only working out wether it would be a 6 or 7 year deal and what the final number would be but that both sides were close.

I told the people I told about it and they ended up feeling bad about it taking so long. During this past summer I skated at night (call it a lucky pick up league) with a bunch of current and past NHLers and staff (along with an agent or two) and they all told me that there would be a lock out but that it would all be settled before the end of the 1st week of January or right around the first of the year.

Here we are and I am optimistic about things but now only after knowing that several Kings staffers where told that they will likely be returning to work very soon and that a few players who have been hanging out in places that I have been traveling to or through are now on their way back to L.A. two of them were at the Toyota Center today or so I am told.

Doesn't mean a deal is certain but these are steps in a direction that make it look like something good is closer to happening.

I remain cautiously optimistic and have an email from a friend who plays for the Wings who is also a neighbor of sorts who has asked if I could look after a few of his animals for him as it looks like he is going to be back at work soon.

Fingers crossed. Of course it could all be for nothing but those are the reasons among a couple of others that have me thinking that we might be close to getting it done for what it is worth.

Last edited by etherialone: 12-11-2012 at 08:04 PM.