Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 08:39 PM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
I think Bozak is a horrible centerpiece. Decent player, just a lousy centerpiece to a goaltender of Luongo's caliber. Ashton is a low grade prospect with little chance of success and the 2nd is a 2nd. the only appealing part of this package is Matt Finn. And even then, would he be enough for Gillis to ship Luongo? I don't think so.

In your opinion, this deal is more than fair. In my opinion, Vancouver gets nothing significant back at all for a very valuable goaltender. Horrible asset management if Gillis did this.
Value is subjective. I've been following Matt Finn and Carter Ashton since the start of the year. Ashton is far from bad: he's a big guy, is an excellent skater, and is willing to consistently throw the body around. He's also quite good defensively. He'd anchor your third line in the future, along with Tyler Bozak, who is also very adept defensively and offensively.

The Canucks would be getting three pieces with great value attached to them along with a pick that is more than likely going to be in the 31-35 range. The pick could add a fourth significant asset and in a single trade you could add a lot to your youth.

I think that's a great return.