View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I only put DSP up there because I want Ryan on the 2nd line, and DSP did play some minutes up there last season, didn't he? I'm also not sure of playing Palmieri on his wrong side...facing the likes of the guys you mentioned.

Either way, with Selanne still going I'm having a tough time placing Palmieri on the lineup.
From memory he played around two games with the twins last year. The stats seem to back that up as he apparently played 60ES minutes with Getzlaf and 40ES minutes with Perry. I also worry that Palmieri can't switch to LW but I know that Perry has switched before when Lupul was on the top line (and he played LW the few times Palmieri had shifts on the top line last season) and he looked fine doing it.

As for Etem, I don't think he is ready for that kind of responsibility. He's showed immense improvement recently in the AHL but nothing suggests he can play 1st line minutes in the NHL this season. He's still adjusting to playing against men and it's one thing doing that in the AHL and another thing doing it against the best the NHL has to offer.