View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MissionCap View Post
Under what circumstances WOULD you trade Luongo if the cap stays the same?
An offer that blows our socks off, or at least fits very well. None of this "he could be a xx goal scorer" or "he could slot in next to xxxxx". A definite upgrade to our top six (ie better then Booth, closer to Burrows, ideally a tougher playmaking winger), a top line RD or a bluechip prospect to start up. I'm not trying to sound like a zealot, but we don't need to trade him if we have the cap space, so we won't unless it's of absolute benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Luongo/Schneider tandem is 15% of a 60M cap.

During the Luongo era we used to spend 13-17% and end up 3rd in the West. If we ran with the tandem again it would hurt our depth but we would still ice a very very good team.
Taking 5.33 or 4 off the block, add Lack's....I want to say 750k, and apply to another area...stellar, if we could fill it in free agency, or with a trade, for something better then what we had. I'd be happy sitting on both, it's not like we will see a massive drop in value from both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Would rather do a variation on that, something like play until your Sv% is below .900. We've seen both Luongo and Schneider lose games where they put up a wall only to have the rest of the team not show up.
Bingo. Not on wins/losses, but individual play, perhaps not Sv%, but not straight wins.