View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
The first period was a great example of what's wrong with the Barons. Dominating shift by the grinders keeping the puck in the O-zone and almost scoring then soft/cute play by the Ebs line afterwords leading to a couple of scoring chances against.

Lander needs to get on the roids. He's like the Taylor Chorney of centermen. Too small, too weak. Even the announcers noticed MPS avoiding physical contact. He needs to develop a mean streak like Harski since he lacks the high end offensive skills to be a top-6 NHLer.

Not sure about the hate-on for Hamilton and Pitlick this game. They were meh as usual but not horrible. Pitlick tried to be physical (missed a check badly) and was pretty offensively inept (flubbed passes + shots).

I wish Davidson was healthy so we could scratch Plante or Tuebert.
Paajarvi avoided that one hit, but worse than that I noticed on that same shift that when he got into a puck battle and the puck was free he doesn't engage to try and go "through" the guy on the wall. He needs to learn to give that 2nd and 3rd effort in those battles for loose pucks. He needs to do that consistently, if he would he'd draw more penalties and win more battles.