View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
SunshineRays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Botch also recently wrote a disparaging article about Edler. He has no insight into what's going on with the club and just writes controversial articles to get himself views.
Perhaps. But it's now 2 sources 'implying' the same thing, so it's at least a conversation peice. Botch also had all the Luongo and Doan info this summer when no one else did. Of course, I am sure he had things wrong as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
What would Edler get elsewhere that he wouldn't get in Vancouver?
He currently gets top pairing minutes on a top NHL team, and the Canucks should have plenty of cap space to re-sign him (although Ballard may need to be moved).

The only way I see the Canucks not re-signing him is if he wants $7+ mil per year, or if Edler has personal issues and wants out.
I have no idea, I have no inside info. I posted this info more of a conversation piece re: a goalie trade. 'If' they don't resign Edler, it might explain why Gillis allegedly asked for another lefty d-man. Also, 'if' it's true, how are they going to replace him - they might have to do it with a goalie trade. Also, what could a Luongo/Edler get?