View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Urban Explorer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
So in other words, and as ive been saying all along....the kessel trade could be the worst trade of all time for the Leafs...could be the 2nd worst....could be the 3rd worst....or who knows...maybe there is some remote possibility that the trade ends up good for both teams. We dont know yet so why pretend that you do know how good or bad it will be years from now?

So far the Leafs have only been **** while Kessels production has gone to waste and is now an upcoming UFA so pretty terrible results so far, also keeping in mind the METRIC TON of prospects Boston received.
That's true, but I would only consider the Kessel deal the worst of all time if he walks and Seguin and Hamilton go on to have great careers in making Boston a contender for years to come. Otherwise it's easily not the worst trade in the history of Leafs.

I don't think we can definitively answer the question for at least 6 more years. If I was a betting man though at this time in the game, I wouldn't bet on it turning out as the worst trade of all time.