View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Melrose Munch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
It hasn't happened because the NHL was content for decades to wallow in their little six team small-potatoes niche milking their 19th century business model. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world and they STILL are trying to use the same 19th century business model. Hello!

I'm not arguing in circles I'm correcting a time-line that you have backwards. The NFL doesn't have their business model because their success allows them to have it, they have their success because the business model allows them to have it. The business model came first, before they had the success. The success came because they had the business model.

And btw, I never claimed to be "pro-business": I'm neither pro nor anti-business. I'm not pro-labor either. What I am is pro-HOCKEY. I want the sport to thrive and have success because I believe in the sport. I want a healthy, thriving league with a successful modern business model OFF the ice, and competitive balance ON the ice. I oppose anything that's preventing that opposes those things.
I knew that already. The NFL has been sharing revenue for around 45 years. The system was in place before 1994 yet they needed a lockout to pass baseball. They weren't ahead before then. You're pro American hockey not hockey, because let's be honest Canada is maxed out for markets.