View Single Post
12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
My first time watching Sproul and I'm even more high on him than before. I don't see him being awful defensively as much as I see him being too conservative. I was studying while watching the game so I could of missed a couple things, but the several shifts I saw were solid. Only things I'd like to see him do while working his way to Detroit's line up are, add strength and weight, be more aggressive, and stay in position when he's on the weak side and not circle around so widely and so often in the defensive zone. I can definitely see the Wings/Griffins staff helping him next couple years and see him being on the 1st PP unit with Smith in the near future, maybe 3 years.
Had ppretty much the exact same impression as you. He threw the weight around a bit but also ha a good poke check because of his long reach. The defensive play was not all that bad, a lot of people are saying they liked his game quite a bit. Hes a guy that I think will need a decent amonut of time in the AHL but has really high potential when hes done. Needs to add weight and refine his game more.