View Single Post
12-12-2012, 01:54 AM
vCash: 500
Our TOP4 in the future will be Kronwall/Sproul/Ouellet/Smith. If Sproul develops "normally" he is quite sure lock to be at 1st PP with that booming shot. Ouellet and Smith can have that "left-handed battle" for the another spot. If Kronwall can't take that 1st PP duty enough well (I'm not the biggest believer in it), he could still anchor the 2nd PP and be more defensively responsible defenceman. I could also see Calle Järnkrok as the right-handed 2nd PP point-guy there if Samuelsson is not re-signed for another 10 years.

Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
My first time watching Sproul and I'm even more high on him than before. I don't see him being awful defensively as much as I see him being too conservative. I was studying while watching the game so I could of missed a couple things, but the several shifts I saw were solid. Only things I'd like to see him do while working his way to Detroit's line up are, add strength and weight, be more aggressive, and stay in position when he's on the weak side and not circle around so widely and so often in the defensive zone. I can definitely see the Wings/Griffins staff helping him next couple years and see him being on the 1st PP unit with Smith in the near future, maybe 3 years.
You know what, he will get some lessons from Lidström, Chelios and Jiri Fischer with 10 Norris Trophy and 8 Stanley Cup experience. Our defensive boys will be in good hands. They will learn the good things. Just imagine, that Ryal Sproul toolbox could be developed by Nicklas Lidström at training camps. "How to quarterback the PP, lesson 1, 2, and 3." by Norris-Nick.