View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:24 AM
daver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
Yes maybe it doesn't take a rocket scientist but it takes a Canadian to figure it out.
Obscure tournaments that has your nation in its name are the tournaments that matter.

One hand on the heart and the other on the bible. There was no irony or sarcasm in my wonder of how Canada could have won 6 of these important tournaments. I didn't know people gave a crap about Canada cup (outside of Canada of course). I haven't got a clue about the record of this tournament and I didn't think it would qualify as a serious best on best tournament but I guess that goes to show what a minor sport hockey is.

A powerhouse creates a tournament and regards it highly. Brazil or Germany/Spain cup...haha. I can't see that catching on at a greater scale
In raw numbers, more hockey fans don't give a crap about the WHC's or pre-1998 Olympic hockey results as a measurement of a country's strength. That plus the fact that the Canada/World Cup had many more of the top players in the world than the WHC's usually do or pre-1998 Olympics make it more relevant.