Old
12-12-2012, 05:59 AM
QnebO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Question to those that follow this.

Why doesn't Slovakia play
The EHT was originally started by these countries, so they could prepare their teams for World Championships / Olympics / The hockey world cup, and to make quality hockey entertaiment that sells. That way they can test new players on high level. EHT is many times like NHL would be played in europe, if you watch the rosters. Best players from the leagues usually are in, sometimes they try completely new names, but the players that are in are still allways well accomplished in european leagues at the time.

Few years ago I heard about Germany and Slovakia and some others wanting in, but probably they want to keep it on 4 countries, so it doesn't interrupt the leagues of these countries too much. The Elitserien, SM-Liiga and KHL actually stop playing for these tournaments sake. That's why they want the break as short as possible, and I think thats the main reason for not having more countries.

Also they probably want to keep as high quality of play as possible, so the intrest for the games is high in TV and at Arena. I dont think it would be problem to take slovakia in that way.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote