View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Tell that to the all the empty seats at Copps Coliseum, the Ricoh Centre in Toronto and the Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Complex in BC. You get into large Canadian markets like Hamilton, Toronto & the Lower Mainland the AHL simply doesnt cut it. People want steak. Let alone a market like Phoenix which has been living on a steady diet of it, albeit under-done for the past 17yrs. Their not going to go for that. Suicide to put an AHL franchise in that market after all thats gone down.
I think that has something to do with the fact that those areas have the BIG league in their backyard. I'll take Montreal for exemple, they would put Bulldogs in Laval and it won't gather 5k per game, I can tell you that. Yes Bulldogs played a game in Bell Centre earlier this season and gathered 18k or so, but we're in lockout.

So I think it really is, why take AHL when you already have NHL.

Here in QC, we don't have NHL, we don't have AHL but we have QJMHL and we support it a lot. Tho, tomorrow Nordiques are back and Remparts will go to the old days of roughly 5000 per game while today they gather double in beggining of the season and triple as we get closer to playoffs.