View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Dan-o16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
What do you guys think about the islanders in a 48 game season??? I believe that it could go either way. On one side it could benefit them because they have less time to mess things up and if they get on one of there got starts they will be in the playoff hunt, on the other hand one of those November meltdowns and we could be in on jones or McKinnon. So questions simple will it benefit or hurt the islanders?
I have no idea, but I would guess that it would *hurt* the Islanders for the year. I think teams with a lot of veteran players who don't have to learn the NHL game from the ground up will have an advantage. Teams like the Islanders who would be integrating a lot of new young players (Strome, Niederreiter and Donovan at the very least, maybe also Nelson) will probably be at a disadvantage.

I think the year off would benefit the Islanders. We'd have a more settled situation in goal, as we'd have a better idea of which goalie to promote, and what we'd need on the market. We won't have to deal with Boyes and Reasoner, who I really don't want anyway. We'd be able to get some veterans to play complimentary roles instead of first line scoring roles (I like the idea of setting Strome on RW next to JT). We'll have a larger UFA class available, and with the impending move won't any longer be the team to avoid. And of course, the young guys (especially Nelson and Niederreiter) would be able to experience the full year grind in the AHL.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote