View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
No way. I wouldn't complain too much if we signed Gomez if there was an amnesty buyout which Montreal would definitely use on him easily. As long as we signed him for cheap, and nothing too long term. Give him a year to see how he is, and decide the next Summer if he gets maybe a two year.

I'd like to have Gionta back, but with a $60 million cap a possibility, and being close to the cap after re signing Zajac, and Clarkson if we can, I don't think we can afford him. If he was in his last year though that would be awesome. I'd expect Montreal would want a forward in a deal for him though. A forward not named Tedenby either.
Gionta is pretty important to the team, I don't see Habs trading him. If you include the playoffs he has scored 77 goals in 200 games with the Habs, that is about 30 goals a season. And with the Habs need of guys that score, moving Gionta might not be wise. Pls the guy is pure clutch, Cammy got all the credit in the 2010 playoffs, but Gionta had 9 goals in 19 games himself.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote