View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 08:50 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Kevin Gravel. NO ONE outside of the Kings boards talks about him. Played for the US at the last WJC and has been playing well with St. Cloud State. I think he has the potential to be a very good defender at the NHL level. With Mitchell being close to retirement and Scuds getting up there, there should be two spots available for defensive defenseman. I see three possible candidates right now to fill those two holes: Forbort, Muzzin, and Gravel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Kevin Gravel or Michael Mersch
Gravel as well for me. Kid is going to be an anchor on D for us in a PK/shutdown role. Pre-lockout Aaron Miller-esque type who won't put up many points but can play 22 minutes a game against the other teams top lines. Would likely replicate a Rob Scuderi as well but his size is more like Miller's, hence the comparison.

I don't know enough about Mersch to make a call on him, but I've heard a few good things about him as well, so I'm eager to watch his growth.

Two more I'd like to toss out for the Kings:

First is Nick Shore. Kid is on pace for over 50 points this season in Denver and looks like a solid two-way type of guy in the mold of Jarrett Stoll. I think he'll be out #3 centre down the line.

The other will get me some flak, but I'll say it anyways; Thomas Hickey. Like Kadri, I think he's been so overrated he's underrated now and so many people have written him off (especially in the Kings fan base) that he will surprise many. He's not an all-star, but I see a Tom Poti like career for him in the NHL. Odds are it will come outside the Kings organization though.

Last edited by kingsfan: 12-13-2012 at 08:55 AM.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote