View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
frag2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
I think people who say this have not seen MP this year in the AHL. And if they have been watching obviously not close enough.

He has most definatly improved upon his fly up the wing and loft a weak shot right in the numbers of the goaltender move.

Not a huge improvement, he still deos that every now and then, but his shot seems considerably better and his offensive drives and positioning compared to last year. He has become more gritty as well.

People forget how soft Smid was for the first few years he played in North America. It takes time to develope a back bone.

I wouldnt count him out of being a top 9 forward for the Oil for a good chunk of his career.
Just because he will take a hit from time to time doesn't mean he's improved or "gritty". Still seeing him run down along the boards and instead of just flipping one from the blue line, its now at top of face off circle. And when he heads to the net, he pulls a Hemsky most often then not, skate behind the net and loop around the other end.

His IQ just aint there.

And yes I do watch the streams so I have been watching. People say Pitlick and the others are disappointing but this guy was a top 10 pick. Say what you want about draft pedigree and such but he needs to bring more to the table to not be labelled a bust.