View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Thanks. To me that high price is Bozak + Kadri + Percy + 1st. Some might feel that is crap, but realistically, that's a package we can expect given all of the pros and cons of Luongo. That's plenty IMO.

You get a "good prospect" that is ready to step up, a Dman prospect, a 1st and a current 3C. It makes sense on many levels. Does it involve Lupul, Kulemin, and/or Grabovski? No, but then I never expected any of those pieces coming back for differing reasons. TO needs _every_ possible NHL piece to remain on the roster in order to compete now. It just so happens, that this aligns almost perfectly with what VAN wants because they want younger, cost-controlled pieces right now. This is why I think Kadri and Bozak have been rumoured recently. And why I think they will be the _only_ NHL pieces coming back.

Edit: My opinion, and going on record here, I think he goes to TO for Kadri + Bozak + 1st and that's it. Percy would be a nice swap for Sauve, but I doubt it will happen.
The shorter this season gets, the more unlikely the possibility of the pick being traded becomes. We have to many other issues to risk dealing that pick in a 48 or less games dash for cash style season. And if the season is canceled....then obviously the pick goes nowhere.