View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
llwyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Some Canadian fans need to chill out. The "best" or "most talented" team doesn't always win the tournament; it will be very close, and in a one game scenario, Finland, Russia, US and Swedes can beat Canada. I would really like Canada's chances in a series, but that's not what the World Juniors is about. Timely saves, good execution and a little bit of luck is required in these kind of tournaments.
This is about it - many matches will be in effect best of one games even before the medal round. Canada will face several talented teams who might have a very hot goalie that particular night. There's also big ice and probably even more international style refereeing (I'll tell you the home crow will go berserk with very North American style physicality and that will influence the referees at least at times). And even talentwise I think Russia is quite even with Canada: they do have an amazingly strong team this year. So, I would say two about equal big favourites and 2-3 strong dark horses this year.

llwyd is offline   Reply With Quote