View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
The max number was 10.0 and 25% is 2.5 in the first one that any number in the deal can move from it.

Your>>>10,7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5 = 31 and it's still short a year, all the figures are for 6 year contracts.

I could be wrong also, but I was under the assumption no year can move more than 25% of the largest contract year which is 10.0 and each year couldn't move more than that which is 2.5(= 25% of 10.0) from year to year.
I wasn't talking about contract lengths just referring to the variance rule but I researched it some more and it turns out you were right. The owner's are proposing a 5% cap on year to year variance (presumably from the top value). So your last example illustrated their opinion. Also the player's are saying the lowest year must be 25% of the highest year so if 10mil is the highest, then 2.5 has to be the lowest (again your illustration works). I agree that is absolutely circumventing the cap and is a deal breaker.

Sorry for the confusion. I misread what you posted (I thought you calculated 25% as 2.5 to be the variance of the step down from year to year). I guess I just went into things thinking this is what make sense to me so I interpreted the owners' proposal that way.