View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Hope you're right but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that one of his first acts is to extend Reed. Also that as joe mentioned that Hervey results in Reed getting a longer leash period. I saw what took place on the football field last season and we all did. Even the talking wags on TV who were warm to Kavis early on were speaking in less glowing terms and were frequently bringing up the confusion, strange decisions, and indecisiveness on the Edmonton bench.
I don't disagree with anything you've said ... except your conclusion

Agreed that this is a populist move. Agreed that Hervey also doesn't impress me, especially his interview of bringing winning back to the Eskimos. Winning comes as a result of competent decision making and talent, not in of itself. If it was that easy, then everyone could do it.

I also agree I have concerns with Hervey as a rookie GM taking over a floundering ship. But I would prefer a rookie GM who has experience playing, scouting etc in the CFL, than an experience manager who is a rookie to the CFL. Hervey is no rookie to the CFL and I think that makes a difference.

Of course, the optimum would be an experienced, competent CFL gm...

As for Reed, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Yes, there was many strange decisions, but I know how disfunctional things can look when a team works against itself. And there appears to be huge malfunctions in the Tillman - Reed - Hervey dynamic.