View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Carelton CA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Yeah actually I'm gonna change mine to Wagner too.
I have to say Wagner as well and unfortunately most west coast fans no nothing of his abilities due to the NCAA route he took. Not that Rakell isn't a good prospect, he is a tremendous prospect, but he is certainly not underrated by any means. He was a 1st round pick at #30, who gets a lot of press. He's on the his countries National Team and is a PPG guy in the W. Clearly not underrated.

Wagner is a 5th round pick who was passed over in his 1st year of eligibility and as stated went the NCAA route. Also of note from his performance in the NCAA last year was his defensive ability while being the leading scorer of all underclassmen and 6th in the country. He's listed as a plus 21 last year in 39 games. Fast forward to to this year and check his plus/minus on a team that is under 500 with very few guys in the plus category. He's a +5 leading all forwards in Norfolk and as mentioned has been on the PK from game 1. I've read on the Ducks board that plus/minus is flawed and that bad goalies skew the stat. Makes no sense, his plus/minus is a tribute to the work in the D end. He's a defensive gem that is good on faceoffs an will only get better. He has excellent speed and will throw the body around at anyone. He also has an obvious offensive upside.

Do I think he's a top two line guy, I would guess maybe not based on the talent on the Ducks and in the system. But I do see him as a long term 3rd line center who could move up a spot if injuries in the line up become a problem.

If this guy pans out, which I believe he will, the 2010 draft for the Ducks will be one of Murray's best with Fowler, Etem, Smith-Pelley and Wagner.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote