View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Gord
failed rebuild

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Here's my concern. First, I think that if Tillman was still here we'd be a better team next year. I think he is a smart man and would've fixed the QB position or at the very least brought in some help there. I also think Reed would've been on a shorter leash and wouldn't be allowed to play Joseph over whoever, to be honest Tillman might've done us all a favour and just never brought back Joseph next year.

So now we have Hervey who more than likely picks up a proven CFL QB, but wouldn't Tillman do the same? Hervey likes Reed, now the leash is longer for Reed who may or may not be the right coach. What happens if we realize Hervey is a horrible GM? Anyone really think he's going to get fired in the next couple years regardless of what the team does? Then you have the whole "new GM who wants to make that mark", what the hell happens when the mark is overpaying for a starting QB which ends up being way worse than the Ray deal?

Don't mind giving Hervey the shot, I just don't like everything else that surrounds this move.
you think tillman would have done a better job next year than hervey will?
you say he is smart and would fix the QB problem. the same QB problem he caused and did NOTHING to fix during the season?
Reed would have been on a shorter leash, by the guy that gave him every job he's had in coaching? Tillman wouldn't allow Joseph to play over whomever is brought in, yet he let joesph play over nicholls all year long this season?
There is nothing Tillman did with the esks that gave any idication he would be an improvement next year if he stayed, and you've provided no insight in your comments to show Tillman would indeed do a better job.