View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 01:44 PM
jw2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Overall, and when healthy, I think Sauer is a better defenseman than Del Zotto - certainly in the defensive and neutral zones.

Your rhetorical question reminds me of the horrors in absolutes that await us once the season starts. Sauer doesnt have to be "an all-star dman" to slot into the top 4.

Thats quickly followed by another horrifying thing - that Sauer's issues are somehow linked to McIlrath or, even worse, Brady Skjei.
Sauer is better than DZ defensively, sure. But DZ had a great start to the season, defensively... and partially due to him playing with Sauer. But, NY lacks PMDs, making Del Zotto more important to the team, IMO.

Also, never heard people complain about Skjei before. The kid will be solid defensively. As will Calle Andersson, if they can get him over hear. Unfortunately, Andersson will follow the same road as Sauer and Pashnin, and have to wait a couple years before getting a shot with the Rangers. That can be discouraging. Sauer made is clear he was not happy staying in the minors for several years. Pashnin isn't even mentioned among Rangers prospects anymore. I'd hate to see Calle take that route.

Overall, the Rangers are and will be fine defensively, with or without Sauer, so I don't understand why people are taking Sauer discussions so personally.

Edit - also, when I use "depth", I mean 'down on the depth chart', as in 5th on the current team. Sorry that offends people.