View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
Atlanta was mainly because ASG may be one of the worst organizations ever to attempt to run anything.

But the comparison to Ottawa isn't fair, the last time Ottawa was tried before 1992, was during the original 6 era, it's not a remotely fair comparison and you know it, so if we're going to have this discussion, let's not make up random asides that have no bearing on anything
[mod]

I'm not sure if you're even trying to make a point here, or if you're just being contradictory for its own sake. If I wanted to point out the failure of a Canadian NHL market I would have used Quebec or Winnipeg, not Ottawa. The modern failure is of course more relevant, you're very right about that.

More to the point, it seems to me that a lot of people are having a problem with the fact that market forces have moved the sport away from Canada in the last 40 years. Rather than celebrate the growth of the league they seem to resent that it is somehow no longer entirely theirs -- as if hockey ever really was. There's a few legit passionate QC fans that really deserve a franchise -- more than a few in all likelihood -- but all these Canadians crabbing and beating down southern US markets solely for their own gain would make me very glad if they never see another new team in Canada.

[mod]

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 12-13-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: flaming/OT
Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote