View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Canucks fan coming in peace.

I'm well aware that the Wild are division rivals and hoping to make the playoffs this season (if there is one ).
Anywho, I notice that you guys are looking for a 2nd pairing d-man, and I can't help but notice that my team needs a 3rd line center.
*puts flame suit on*

How would you guys feel about a trade based around Cullen + Stoner for Ballard + Raymond?

It looks like Cullen would be used as a winger next season, so Raymond, who needs a change of scenery (much like Ballard), would take his spot on the wing.

Prior to his arrival in Vancouver, Ballard was playing 22+ minutes per game in Florida and Phoenix. His style of play just doesn't work with the Canucks' system.
As we all know he's getting paid like a top 4 d-man, so it would be a gamble that he would start playing like one again with a different team.
It's also just a coincidence that Ballard is from Minnesota and Stoner is from BC.
Interesting idea, but I don't necessarily like Ballard's injury issues the past two seasons; and at $4.2m for the next two, it seems like a bit of a risk, much like with the Volchenkov proposal earlier.