View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 02:39 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Really? So the fact that Graham had over 40 shots in that game speaks to this great defensive system? I agree that the Bulls have a very good defensive system, but let's get back to reality. Malcolm Subban is the reason they are doing as well as they are. As simple as that. He's been named first star more times than I can remember and there's a good reason for that. His play has been stellar. He's been invited to the WJC camp this week because of his extraordinary play. Not because of a defensive system.
Really? Count the scoring chances in the game and see where the bulk of the shots are coming from. And as for Charlie, he hasn't played many games but this isn't his first star of the game and I believe he's already posted a shutout if I'm not mistaken. So, either Charlie is a bonafide star goalie already or somehow he's a good solid goalie riding the success of a strong defensive game. Let's not forget the Oilers and Grant Fuhr days where the wheeled and scored lots of goals in a wide open game. Fuhr let in quite the fair share of goals and was thought of as one of the best goalies of his time, yet his #'s would say the contrary. Put him in New Jersey with their style of play, especially the Stevens/Danyko days and see what his #'s would be. Malcolm is a great goalie but I still maintain that the 'System' is what's providing the main part of the success. We'll see what happens now with a Rookie goaltender who's had very little action all year and how he responds with all these games and pressure being thrown his way. If he plays .500 I'd consider that amazing given his age and relative lack of games in the OHL (14 to date for his career). This much I know, if the Bulls don't stay out of the box this will be the start of a free fall as statistically you can't maintain those PK #'s forever.