View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
You are throwing around phrases like "credibility" and "strong". Could you be a bit more specific please? "The greater number of people a sport touches, the stronger the sport is". What do you mean with "stronger"?
Exposure.

I'm only a hockey fan because I got the chance to see the team in action. If I grow up in Tennessee, and there's no team closer to me than Chicago, I don't get that chance, and I become a football fan instead. Thus the NHL loses any and all access to whatever entertainment dollars I have to spend.

Meanwhile, if I grow up in Tennessee right now, my options are still pretty limited, since there's not really a lot of local hockey, but if the Vols and Titans aren't playing, I might watch the Preds just to see what this hockey thing is. And if I like what I see , I'll probably go watch again. Maybe take in a game live if I have a few dollars lying around just to see what that's like. And if I have a kid, we might shoot at a net together instead of playing catch with a football (or along with also doing that).

That's how this works.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote