View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 03:12 PM
royals119

vCash: 500
The Royals were on the road last weekend. I watched one game on TV and listened to one on the radio. Galiev seems to be improving - at least the Royals radio announcer is pretty high on him. The TV feed is just the internet feed, rebroadcast on the local cable system, so it is pretty sketchy, but Galiev did seem to be doing better in the neutral zone and d-zone with positioning and making a play on the puck. He was interviewed during one of the intermissions, and he said he wasn't feeling to confident to start, but his team mates have been very welcoming and supportive, and he is starting to feel more comfortable. They have two games at home this weekend, so I'll get a chance to see if he looks better, or if the Radio guy is just blowing smoke. (He is generally pretty honest, but his job is really to sell tickets, and he does have to ride the bus with the team, so he will give them some slack at times)

BTW, Grubauer has been dominating, as you would expect. He was goaltender of the month for the ECHL in November, hasn't given up a soft goal in weeks, and generally does a good job when he comes out of the net. He's slipped once or twice trying to get back in position after an odd bounce of the boards, but it hasn't cost him. With Wellar and Fleming called up to Hershey we will see how he does with a couple of waiver wire pickups replacing them on defense. I expect he will face a few more shots per game, at least until we get some d-men back down.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote