View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I think I am on board with your last move of selecting Samsonov and putting him up at LW on the 2nd line over Modin. He has much greater offensive potential. You lose a bit in intangibles, but at the same time, it's not like Modin was Ulf Dahlen either; he was just a big strong guy who'd bump a bit. I'm interested to hear what others think though.

Can Samsonov play the point on the PP? I don't recall that being among his abilities. I realize you tok three defensemen with little to no offensive skill, so that may necessitate a forward playing the point, but you may want to make it the 2nd unit and you may want to make it someone other than Samsonov (ideally a guy who has done it before, or at least a guy with some defensive skill and/or positional versatility)

Just noticed, your 15 forwards might be the most modern group I've ever seen! Hicke, Seiling, Olczyk, Buchberger, Sillinger are your five oldest forwards, in order. Yikes!
I think its a wash when it comes to skills. Both are different players so it will come down to what the line needs. Speed or a big body.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote