Thread: Prospect Info: 2012 Prospect Thread IV
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I'm concerned because Dumba's skating was supposed to be a strength and now it appears to be a weakness.

Quote:
Dumba's biggest problem has been backwards skating. It's like he's skating in quicksand — he's moving slower backwards than Hal Gill.

He needs to relax. The pressure of getting cut might be causing this. At least I hope so. I really like him as a prospect, but he's looked terrible.

Dumba has been very mediocre since the end of last season.

If he made the team, you know he'd score a goal with his shot and drill someone.On the flip side, you know he'd take a dumb penalty, or two and get burned easily because he's not all that great defensively.

Dumba has been bad, but nice hustle to get back

WJC is even more pressure. Anyone that can't handle the pressure of possibly getting cut is not somebody you want on your team. Besides, I doubt that his skating suddenly became worse because of nerves. He just doesn't seem to be a big ice player at this level.

I'm a big fan of Dumba, was really jealous when Minny got him last draft but he clearly has some work ahead of him.

Let's just say some people are over-praising/over-criticizing players who haven't played no where near as good/bad as some people are making them out to be. It happens everytime, people are predisposed to something they want. If they think a player is good they will think the player is playing good even if they haven't, and vice-versa. Dumba's criticism is about the only completely accurate assesment, but that would be pretty daming to refute.