View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wouldn't mind trading Urbom cause I feel he has a little value, and might be more expendable than Gelinas. Just wait it out a little, and bring him up if we need a call up. Gelinas could take over for Zidlicky eventually.

It's not use in keeping that extra D man. I'm confident with Urbom on a bottom pairing if a D man goes down long term.

I really don't want too much youth, and inexperience on the blue line. Some people want Burlon, Urbom, Gelinas, Larsson, Merrill, and Scarlett as our 6 defensemen, and that to me sounds like a disaster with no vets or experience. At this rate though aside from Larsson who is already up it might be a while before any of them crack the lineup.
By the time all those guys are ready, Larsson and Fayne will already be veterans and we may stil have Greene and Volchenkov.

There's no need in trading defensive prospects like Urbom, Gelinas, Burlon, or Merrill because either (A) they all pan out and you can get more value for a proven NHL-er or (B) one or two don't pan out and you're thankful you didn't trade the good ones.

What we need to trade is an NHL D-man because we have 8 capable players. Get a forward in some kind of trade. Save the prospects for later and see what we have before making a deal.