View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
By the time all those guys are ready, Larsson and Fayne will already be veterans and we may stil have Greene and Volchenkov.

There's no need in trading defensive prospects like Urbom, Gelinas, Burlon, or Merrill because either (A) they all pan out and you can get more value for a proven NHL-er or (B) one or two don't pan out and you're thankful you didn't trade the good ones.

What we need to trade is an NHL D-man because we have 8 capable players. Get a forward in some kind of trade. Save the prospects for later and see what we have before making a deal.
How about trade a prospect D man for a prospect forward? I want one of the NHL guys gone too, but maybe we can do better if we add Urbom or somebody in that trade.

However I don't want something too big with the cap uncertainty, and uncertainty of what it will cost to keep Zajac, and Clarkson. I figure Tallinder, and a 3rd or 4th round draft pick can get us something a little more than a Ponikarovsky being we got Ponikarovsky for Joe AHL, and a 3rd or was it 4th round pick?