Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
CanuckLuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven25 View Post
I'll admit I didn't read through the thread but when you see a proposal with Kadri (high 1st) Biggs (1st) Percy (1st) and then a high 2nd rounder (Finn) I'm really not seeing where people are coming from given the obvious facts with a player that everyone knows Gillis WANTS to move and you have nhl pro analysts saying it's going to HAVE TO be a soft deal. Soft deals are along the lines of late round picks, add a depth player or prospect that one GM sees a need for and the other can afford to part with and maybe some conditional stuff after. Soft deals don't include even 1 first round pick.

Didn't intend to present a redundant perspective on this just contributing to the talk

A soft deal for Crosby still includes a handful of wonderful pieces in return. All Mackenzie was saying is that because of Luongo's contract and age he won't fetch the usual return of an elite #1 goaltender-But what is that anyways?

There is a miniscule amount of Canucks fans that believe Luongo will return multiple 1st rounders or top end prospects. Most reasonable fans understand his value is hampered; but we also understand Gillis won't throw away Luongo for tweeners and C-level prospects. Which by the way, has been just as common an occurance in this thread.