Thread: Value of: Dustin Byfuglien
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Well if you think that the Kesler of last year is the Kesler we'll be seeing from now on, then you would be correct. But if we assume that Kesler would likely get around 65 points with Selke calibre defense, and compare that to a smallish forward good for around 50 points, I find it really hard to say that they are similar players. Kesler can be compared to players like Mike Richards, Bergeron, Backes, etc. Not Little.

But if you think one bad year is enough to make Kesler a 50 point player(and we'll just throw out his defensive game, too), then that's fine. There's no way on earth we'd trade him for Dustin Byfuglien just because you think he's only a minor upgrade on Brian Little.
More putting words into someone's mouth. One guy said it would take Kesler+ or Hamhuis+. I even said that was wrong before any Canucks fans replied...explained it pretty well why it was even in value, but made little sense (NPI ).

Little hasn't scored 40, but he did score 30 earlier in his career. I had the biggest man crush on 2011 Kesler imaginable, but the man was possessed that whole year. No one could keep up that calibre of effort and determination forever..

Maybe do a little more brain learning on Little instead of rolling with smallish 50 point forward. Learn what he does well and struggles with the way you know Kesler and then beak someone who has actually done a fair bit of research on the comparison?

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote