View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
I love the habs and I hate the leafs but the league would be far worse off without the leafs than without the majority of southern teams that i am pretty much indifferent to. How many people in traditional markets shed a tear for the thrashers ?

I understand that expanding to new markets has appeal but it also has risks and after a certain amount of time the league should be in a position to say that a market they chose is systematically unable to support a team and not continually double down in order hoping that the markets they have failed to leverage for decades are on the precipice of becoming hockey hotbeds withing the next couple of years.
And Atlanta was rightly moved to Winnipeg. As I said before, I have no problems with relocating teams to better markets. I only have an issue when people start talking about contraction: That's bush league and hurts the sport. Relocating to better markets HELPS the sport. Phoenix is a bust? Fine, Quebec and Seattle want teams.....pick one and relocate.

Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote