Old
12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Unified player strategy for fan optimism / not losing fans' interest:

Find reporter eager to write up any scrap of gibberish you tell him, everyone be sure to stay positive and say "we won't lose the season", and watch the fans stick around every time they report it. Yohe has no logical basis for optimism at this point unless he values talk more than facts. I'm surprised it's gone this long. If things don't work after this second mediator meeting / more progress isn't made, it's over IMO. Bettman will call the season sometime next week or the week after probably, throwing in some more token meetings and phone calls in the process to seem "open to negotiation" when it's time to go to court.
Sounds about right.

As for when the season is declared dead...I believe Bettman will announce it as such by the end of the month, but not have it be a definitive date. I think the true drop-dead date is going to be in mid-January.

At this point I really barely care. I'm more bitter than anything.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif