View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
aqib

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
I live in Baltimore and we dont' have a NHL team or an NBA team and I hardly think it matters to the quality of life. And I have been to Cincinnati on business several times and really them having pro teams means nothing to me as there is still nothing much to the city. We didn't even have a NFL team for a long time. I think baseball is the only sport that really adds much to a city as there are so many games. You get a flow of people going in and out of the games if it is located in the right place.
Baltimore actually had a chance to the Wizards and Capitals but decided to go for the Browns/Ravens instead. Abe Polian offered to move his two teams there if they would use the money earmarked for a football stadium for an arena. They chose to go for the NFL team. They sure seemed pretty anxious to get an NFL team based on everything I have seen and heard from Baltimorians who tried to justify the move of the Browns. Heck ESPN did a whole documentary about the Colts band that kept playing for years after the team left.

As for your view on cinci thats fine thats your view. I'm just saying for the people who live there not having the football team would make that city a less desirable place to be. Maybe it makes a difference for someone who is contemplating a job there vs another city.